Twin Lakes Dental provides childrens dentistry services. Our aim at Twin Lakes Dental is to detect any problems early and treat them with minimal intervention, so that extensive treatment is not necessary in later adult years.
First Visit Tips
- Take your child for a 'preview’ of the clinic.
- Read books with about going to the dentist.
- Review with them what the dentist will be like on the first visit.
- Share positive experiences about your own dental experiences.
The first regular dental visit should be just after your child’s third birthday.
What we do
- Gently examine their mouth, teeth and gums.
- Evaluate adverse habits like thumb sucking.
- Teach them about cleaning their teeth and maintaining their oral hygiene.
- Check to see if they need fluoride.
- Schedule for regular dental visits.
This combined with children’s activities in the waiting room, friendly staff offers a pleasant experience to visit us.
Childrens Dental Treatment
- We use WAND – a computer controlled slow injection machine.
- We can provide Happy Gas for treatment which makes children calm and relaxed.
- We fissure seal deep grooves in teeth to prevent food accumulating in them and causing decay.
- Early Orthodontic intervention to treat functional problems that may cause crowded teeth and jaw problems in the future.
Tips for Cavity Prevention
- Limit frequency of sugary snacks.
- Encourage brushing twice a day, rinsing and flossing.
- Avoid sticky foods and pick nutritious snacks.
- Water is the best drink and nothing can be substituted.
- Dental Anxiety & Phobia
Dental anxiety is not uncommon. Studies show that over 75% of Australians experience some level of dental fear and 20% avoid dental care because of it. If you have dental fear/anxiety, we want to know so we can make the experience as comfortable as possible. Your safety and experience is our first priority.
WE CAN HELP
- We will explain the procedure before and after to make sure that you understand.
- We are practiced in calming techniques and helping you feel comfortable is very important.
- If you want a short break then lift your left hand to signify us.
Oral health is vital in your life and don’t let any fear stand in your path of amazing dental care. We are here to help you get the care that you need.
CALL US TODAY – 02 4392 7760