Why Would You Get a Dental Implant?
Dental implants can offer many benefits over other false teeth. They look natural, which boosts an aesthetic value. But they can also last longer than dentures or bridges. In addition to this, they are stronger than dentures and bridges allowing people to eat foods that they would normally without any concern. And finally, a dental implant is a fantastic way to improve your self-confidence.
What Is the Procedure?
A typical dental implant procedure can take between 3 and 6 months. It follows the following process
- The damaged tooth is removed. The implant is placed into the jaw. A screw is then inserted, which will prevent any debris or external components from entering the teeth. It takes approximately 3 to 6-months for the implant to fuse with the jawbone.
- The implant is uncovered. An extension known as a post is then attached. When the gum tissue has healed around the post, this becomes the foundation for the tooth.
- The last piece of the process is when a crown is fashioned to suit your teeth. The great thing about this is that the crown can be altered to look like your natural tooth. Once the process is completed, the crown is attached to the implant post.
How Long Does the Dental Implant Take?
In the dentist chair, the procedure of putting a single dental implant will take up to 2 hours. In addition, the process of getting and fitting crown can take up to 9 months over multiple appointments.
Are Dental Implants Safe?
They have been proven to be a safe solution. They are made from materials that are safe and work well in the mouth. There are risks of side effects, but these are rare, and can be easily treated. These can include:
- Nerve damage.
- Potential sinus problems if an upper jaw implant goes into the cavities.
- Injury to blood vessels or other teeth.
However, it is important to note that these are very uncommon. But if you experience any of these, you need to get in contact with your dental professional right away.
How Long Do Dental Implants Last?
If you look after them correctly they can last your entire life. But the crown will last between 5 and 15 years depending on how well you care for it and will need replacing. Is It Time for Dental Implants? They are a very long-lasting solution for replacing one or more teeth. They are very low maintenance and are, much like your teeth, at their best when you look after them. Dental implants can be a fantastic solution over other options like dentures.