- This gas is a sweet smelling, non-toxic, colourless which you can breathe.
- It’s primary means of use is sedation in dentistry for many years and is completely safe.
- The patient may experience mild temporary amnesia and may fall asleep, not remembering all of what happened during the treatment.
Advantages of using Laughing Gas
- Laughing Gas has allowed anxious patients and children to have a pleasant and relaxing dental experiences.
- Inhalation sedation minimizes gag reflex.
- There is no `hangover’ effect, no side effect on heart and lungs.
- The depth of sedation can be increased/decreased.
- It works rapidly within 20 seconds and in 2-3 minutes its pain killing properties begin to develop